Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Children’s Business Fair?
The Children’s Business Fair inspires children to discover their inner entrepreneur. This one-day market gives children the opportunity to showcase their very own businesses.
How many businesses will you accept?
We will accept up to 80 businesses in 2021.
How do I apply? Can I apply as part of a group?
Future applications must be submitted online when the registration period is open. Please submit one application for each business. Children working as a group should submit one application that includes each child’s information. No more than 3 participants per business. Bear in mind that the business will be grouped based on the age of the oldest participant in the business.
What is on the application?
The application asks kids to think through some simple, but important elements of their business:
What is the name of the business?
What are the ages and names of the participants?
What product or service do you plan to sell?
What price will you charge for each product/service? How much will each product/service cost you?
How will you pay for your startup costs? If someone is helping you with your startup costs, how will you pay that person back?
How will you advertise/market your business before the fair?
At the end of the fair, how will you determine if your business was a success?
What if someone else has the same business idea?
Two cupcake businesses? Not a problem. In general, we will let market forces play out, though we will let later entries know if another applicant has a similar idea so the later entrant can decide what to do.
How will the fair be set up?
The fair will be an outdoor event in the parking lot area. Tents and/or table cloths will not be provided. We are not able to accommodate businesses requiring electricity.
Will electricity be available?
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide electricity to the booths.
What are the rules?
2021 Brevard Children's Business Fair RULES & GUIDELINES
• A $28 non-refundable vendor participation fee must be paid within 24 hours of acceptance. If payment is not received by that time, the spot will be forfeited to the next entrepreneur in line.
• It is the responsibility of the guardian/participant to check their email (spam) and social media communications from the CBF on a regular basis, as this is our primary means of communication with the group.
• The CBF will establish a FIRM cap of 80 businesses based on location and resources.
• The CBF will take great care to limit the number of businesses in specific categories so as not to have too many similar business concepts.
• If an applicant’s business idea is similar to entries that were accepted before the applicant’s submission, the CBF will notify the applicant and provide the opportunity to resubmit a new application.
• Applicants must be between the ages of six to 16 on the event date.
• All entries will be automatically entered in the business competition and booths will be judged by fellow entrepreneurs on a variety of criteria including most original business idea, highest business potential, and best presentation/creativity.
• An awards ceremony will be held immediately following the Brevard Children’s Business Fair at 1 p.m.
• No businesses requiring electricity or generators will be allowed.
• Tents are not provided and are the responsibility of the vendor. No tents larger than 10 x 10 will be permitted.
• No more than three participants per booth/business idea.
• The business will be grouped according to the oldest participant’s age.
• Parents of younger children may sit in their booth, but the children are to be responsible for setup, sales and interacting with customers. This event is designed to give children a taste of selling a product. Please let them have that experience.
• When decorating your area, ensure that you do not encroach into your neighbors' space. No music or audio will be permitted at the booths as to be considerate to your fellow entrepreneurs.
• Any parent seen selling to customers or promoting the child’s product will result in disqualification from the competition.
• Completion and submission of an application means you (the vendor & guardian) agree to these rules and guidelines.
• A profile synopsis (provided by Brevard Children’s Business Fair) must be completed by the vendor. This will be displayed at their booth on the day of the event.
• Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
**Any changes or modifications to an application once accepted, will incur a $20 administrative fee**